Sunday, February 3, 2013

Boat Assignment: Performance

Prior to testing my boat at school, I was a bit nervous. Even though my boat had seemed to work well at home, I was not sure how well it would perform in the stream table with marbles in place of the rock I had used.

At first, once it was my turn, I thought I was going to fail the assignment; I could not get my boat to travel the entire meter without hitting the sides of the table. However, once I figured out how to position the hairdryer, my boat was a success! During all three trials, my boat finished in under three seconds. I ended up with an average of 2.44 seconds.



If I had to do this project again, I would do more research for my design ahead of time to save myself some time, and I would figure out how exactly to position the hairdryer ahead of time. Otherwise, I am proud of the overall success of my boat during the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment